Friday, February 22, 2008

the time has come.... 40 weeks +4

well I am pleased to say that after a few days of thinking this baby will never arrive that i was wrong . shortly after 1 am this morning my waters broke !!! yay and I think I have just had my first very mild contraction, even if contractions don't start i have to be at the hospital by 8am so I guess this is it .

How am I feeling at this point .... apart from totally unable to take the midwife's advice and go back to sleep , a little nervous about what the net few hours will bring , hopeful for a nice normal delivery and a healthy baby but so much more than that excited . you have all be with me on this journey for a while now so i guess you'll be a bit excited too when you read this . I know I do when I see exciting things happening in other blogs.

Right now in Bristol there are two people who thought they would never become parents , bouncing off walls waiting for a call from me to say the contractions that will bring their on into the world have started how amazing is that .

Today get to make someones dreams come true - how many people can say that right now ?

2 comments:

Nick G said...

I feel bad not to have commented earlier. I think I stumbled upon you on UKS? I'm from Bristol but have lived in Australia for a few years now...I just want to say..Good Luck, have a wonderful birth and I too have 4 children so know about the birth experience but all my love and good wishes to you as you go through with the final part of your surrogacy. Hope to have some contact with you later...love and hugs to you xxxxx

Anonymous said...

The time you have sort of been waiting for Jane!! I hope everything is going well in this momentous occasion, and my thoughts are with you.

Simon