Monday, June 26, 2006

A great day was had by all

Saturday was a good day . It was agreement day which for those not in the know is a huge thing. One of SUK's staff comes to visit us all together to make sure we have spoken about all the very important issues things you don't even think about when you are having a baby normally. We have to discuss in advance what tests we will have , what we will do if anything wrong aswell as who would take care of the baby if S&E were to die. It can be a difficult day but we have spoken about these things a lot so it was no big deal to go through them again.

another thing done at the agreement is working out expenses, again we had worked this out long ago so it wasn't anything difficult but I will take a moment here to explain abut expenses to those who don't already know. The law says that IP's are allowed to give their surrogates money to cover their expenses , this is in no way payment for the baby but just money so that I am not out of pocket , things like money for extra food, maternity clothes, child care while I am at appointments, the idea is that me and my family shouldn't have to go without at all because I am pregnant and the expenses just cover that. What I did was make a document estimating everything I would need and costing it fully that way S&E know exactly what I want the money for . Obviously if anything happens and I need bedrest or a hospitable stay my expenses would increase and S&E have to agree to cover that. Really its nothing that they wouldn't spend if they weren't pregnant for themselves.

it feels so good to have the agreement done . Its official now ( though its nothing legal nothing about surrogacy has any legal standing)

well after that was done we had lunch bbq pork , salad and new potatoes yummy .

the afternoon was spent bowling ... The one thing we have found that entertains everyone from 2 years old to 40 . Steve won , Stefan came second and me third .... ME 3rd !!!!!! Took lots of photos I may share one or two with you when I work out how to put them on here .

then it was time for S&E to get back to the coach station so a taxi was called as we took soooo long bowling . The whizzed off in the taxi and we caught the bus home and ate the strawberries and cream we had forgotten about at lunchtime .

No comments: